The Activate Team is a Scout Active Support Unit whose members are dedicated to the provision of outdoor pursuits across Hereford and Worcester Scout County and beyond.
Activate is the delivery arm of the County’s Activity Team and the team of instructors supports the work of the other Activity Team members such as the County Advisors and Assessors.
Can the Activate Team help you?
We can offer help with running or resourcing activities for your unit: –
• Climbing and abseiling sessions and courses to suit your needs
• Hill walking days and courses
• Mountain biking days out under qualified leadership
• Paddlesports: kayaking, canoeing, rafting and bell boating
• Sailing, windsurfing and power boating
• Shooting, archery and fencing
• Narrow boat training
• Leader training in climbing, power boating, hill walking and paddlesports
• Taster sessions for leaders
• Team building sessions for leaders and young people
• Equipment hire from Activate’s stock of well-maintained gear, including paddling and climbing equipment
• Advice on purchasing your own equipment
• And much, much more…
What events does Activate Team run and support?
The Team runs and assists with various activities around the County including: –
- Activate Cub Day, County Water Weekend and weekly power-paddle sessions in the summer
- Support of the Mountain Walking Weekends, The Leader Walking Weekend and various permit assessment days
- Activate members also support other events run at Kinver and Rhydd Covert.
Who can join the Activate Team?
Membership of the team is open to any adult with an interest in the delivery of outdoor pursuits to young people. Current members have joined the Team from both inside and outside of Scouting. Many of our members hold other appointments within Scouting but have joined the Activate Team to pass on their activity expertise to a wider audience.
Our members commit to as much time as they can give, be that lots of instructional sessions or just the odd session throughout the year. Membership brings the benefit of working within a large team of dedicated instructors who can offer help, support and other training, including other activities. The Activate Team is self-financing and makes no charge for membersship.
How can I contact the Team?
For further information please contact the team via e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org