The Activate Team is a Scout Active Support Unit whose members are dedicated to the provision of outdoor pursuits across Hereford and Worcester Scout County and beyond. They are the delivery arm of the Counties Activity Team providing activities with their team of instructors and supporting the work of the other Activity Team members such as the County Advisors and Assessors.
Can the Activate Team help you?
We can offer help with running or resourcing activities for your unit: –
• Climbing and Abseiling sessions and courses to suit your needs
• Hill Walking days and courses
• Mountain Biking days out under qualified Leadership
• Paddle Sport Activities; Kayaking, Canoeing, rafting and Bell Boating
• Sailing, Windsurfing and power boating
• Shooting, Archery and Fencing sessions
• Narrow Boat Training
• Leader training in rock climbing, power boating, hill walking and paddlesports
• Try out sessions for Leaders
• Team building sessions for your leaders and Members
• Equipment hire from the Teams stock of well maintained gear including paddling and climbing equipment
• Advice on purchasing your own equipment from our experienced instructors
• And much, much more…
What events do the Activate Team run or support?
The Team run and assist on various activities around the County including: –
- Activate Cub Day, County Water Weekend and weekly power-paddle sessions in the summer are all run by the Activate team.
- The Activate Team for the County also support the Mountain Walking Weekends, The Leader Walking Weekend and various Permit Assessment days
- The Teams members also support various other events that run at the County Camp Site at Kinver and at the Kidderminster Distinct Camp site at Rhydd Covert.
Who can join the Activate Team?
Membership of the team is open to any adult with an interest in the delivery of outdoor pursuits to young people. Current members have joined the Team from both inside and outside of Scouting. Many of our members hold other appointments within Scouting but have joined the Activate Team to pass on their activity expertise to a wider audience.
Our members commit to as much time as they can give us, be that lots of instructional sessions or just the odd session throughout the year. Membership brings the benefit of working within a large team of dedicated instructors who can offer help, support and other training, including other activities. The Activate Team is self-financing and makes no charge for members.
How can I contact the Team?
For further information contact the team at e-mail – email@example.com