An exciting, fun fill activity day for Cubs Scouts. To be held at Kinver Scout Camp.
- The cost is £14.00 per Cub Scout for a day of activities (food not included) plus £10.00 per “Team”, see below.
- There will be a maximum of approximately 140 places.
- Each Cub Scout will get to participate in different activities during the day.
- Full instruction is given on all activities. Instruction is provided by members of the Activate Team and the activities staff at Kinver Camp Site.
- All activities are run under current Scout Association Safety Rules for Adventurous Activities.
- Cubs can only attend if they have Leaders from their pack coming for the day or firm arrangements are made in advance of the event for them to join with another pack. Names of these leaders must be supplied prior to the event. Cub Leaders are responsible for supervising the Cubs when they are not participating in the activity. Recommended ratio 8 Cubs to 1 Adult.
- Packs can camp over the weekend if they wish but must book this via Kinver Scout Camp.
- Registration on the day will start at 8:00. Units must be at their first activity to start at 9:15. The event is expected to end at 16:30
Proposed Activities (Subject to change before the event)
Climbing, Fencing, Abseiling, Crate Stacking, Archery, Crossbow Shooting, Air Gun Shooting, Zip Wire, Orienteering
Entries are only accepted via Event Brite
Definition – “Teams” as mentioned above and below must consist of a group of Cubs numbering between 6 and 12 plus an appropriate number of adults to accompany the Team during the day.
- Packs must register in for the number of individual “Teams” they will need on the day to cover their total numbers attending. For example a Pack wishing to bring 20 Cubs would register for 2 Teams.
- There is a registration fee of £10.00 for each Team registered via Eventbrite. This fee is non-returnable
- On the day each pack will be invoiced for the actual number of Cubs that have attended at £14.00 per Cub (Leaders do not pay). The registration fee is on top of this price per head.
- Invoice can be paid on the day via cash, cheque, card or can be paid after the event by cheque or BACS.
- The minimum Team size is 6. If on the day you fall short of this number you must still pay for the full 6 participants.
- If you exceed the maximum number on the day then be warned that this may well have a detrimental effect on the quality of each activity i.e. there may well be insufficient safety equipment to go around your Team. You will still be asked to pay the full fee for all Cubs attending.
- Information for Cubs to take home to their parents will be emailed to the Leader upon Team Registration. This will include a parent permission form needing to be returned to you the Cub Leader. These forms are not to be returned to Activate. These forms need to be carried on the day by the Leader in charge of each of your Teams.
- On the Day a Team Registration Form needs to be handed in to reception on your arrival; this will also be emailed with the Parental Information, above.
- Closing Date for Applications:- 18th April 2020
Kinver Scout Training Camp