Free OSM for all Sections in the County
Hereford and Worcester County has decided to support Sections and Groups in simplifying their administration. As such, we have now paid for Online Scout Manager (OSM) at Gold Level. If the use is high and demand for other elements are required then after a period of 12 months the County will review the subscription level commitments.
If you currently use OSM you will require a discount code from the county OSM Administrator. Please email email@example.com to receive your personal discount code. Please note codes will only be given to Sections Leaders or Group Scout Leaders and must not be shared with any other Group.
If you do not have OSM please visit www.onlinescoutmanager.co.uk for information and to register your group and/or section(s) please visit: https://www.onlinescoutmanager.co.uk/register.php
You will be able to sign up for 6 months for free to the Silver level. At any point after signing up you can apply your discount code to receive Gold membership.
Please allow up to 14 days for your code to be sent.
What details can County and Districts see in my OSM Account?
Districts and County cannot see any young person’s data on your OSM account unless they are specifically added as a leader to that Section or Group Account. However, Districts and County will be provided with a statistical dashboard ranging from the number of badges completed to number of events being run.
If your Group or District would like training on OSM, tutorials can be found within the online programme by clicking on “Help” in the top right hand corner.
Groups or District whom would like training on OSM in a face to face environment, can arrange training by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm a mutually convenient date with a trainer and trainees.
Further Important Information
To make use of this please ensure that you do the following things:
- Anyone with an existing OSM subscription, please login to Paypal and cancel ALL PayPal subscriptions renewals to OSM (see the bottom of this email for detailed instructions). OSM cannot do this for you and if you do not cancel the subscription, you will be charged when your existing one renews!
- Then, in OSM, the administrator of each OSM section needs to go to Settings – Upgrades – Discount Codes. Enter the discount code provided by the H&W County OSM administrator, do this for all sections, including adult and waiting list sections (adults & waiting lists are free sections, but adding the code ensures no conflict in the systems).
- You will then be on Gold immediately.
- If you wish to upgrade to Gold Plus, or purchase any extras, please go to Settings – Upgrades and select ONLY the check boxes for the extra bits you want. Please do not select silver, or gold, or the big upgrade to gold plus button! Please only use the check boxes.
OSM have provided the following PayPal Cancellation instructions:-
To cancel your subscription, please login to PayPal and cancel any subscriptions to email@example.com.
To do this:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ icon at the top of the page
- Click ‘Payments’ (in between Security & Notifications), then “Manage Pre-approved Payments”.
- Find the one(s) for Online Scout Manager and click the name.
- Click Cancel to confirm your request.
- Check if you need to cancel any others.
We hope you find this County provision of OSM for all sections and units an extremely useful benefit.