Dates: 18th Feb to 22nd Feb 2023 (Feb Half Term)
Cost: £350 (Support funding may be available – click here)
Where: Cairngorms, Aviemore, Scotland
Who can attend? This is an event for Explorers and Scouts aged 13.5 years and above at the point of travel
What’s it all about?
We will travel up to Aviemore and stay in Badaguish lodges. Then over the course of three days the following activities:
- Ice Axe and Crampon Training, including stopping on slopes
- Rope work
- Snow shelters
- Avalanche Analysis
- Map Work
- Walking in Snow
- Walking in Whiteouts
- Fun games and times in ice and snow
- Walking in the Cairngorms
The price includes all accommodation, travel, food, mountain guides, safety kit including hats, crampons, axes and poles. It does not include ski-goggles which you will need to source.
You will need to provide the usual hillwalking kit including hat, gloves, layers, waterproofs, details will be provided.
The trip is being run by leaders from Scouts Hereford and Worcester, the technical elements on the mountain will be run by qualified AMI Winter Mountain Leaders.
- Places are limited to 1st come 1st served basis.
- All activities are subject to weather conditions and the decision of the Moutain Leaders on the day
- A deposit of £50 is needed at the time of booking.
- 2nd payment £100 by 30th November 2022
- 3rd payment £200 by 31st January 2023
- Support funding available – https://www.scoutshw.org.uk/grants ; also ask your local Scout District