This is a two part course. The first day (21st May) and the weekend scheduled for 9th-11th June MUST both be attended.
During the two parts of the course we will cover Introduction to Residential Experiences (Module 16) and Skills for Residential Experiences (Module 38).
Delivered by experienced leaders across all the Sections, we’ll cover:
- how the Nights Away Permit Scheme works
- why Nights Away are such an important part of what we do in Scouts
- the planning process for a Nights Away experience (this includes anything from a one-night Sleepover at your headquarters or in a museum or other attraction, right up to a two-week long international expedition, and everything in between.
- selecting venues
- programme planning
- catering / cooking
- equipment, how it works and how to care for it,
- wellbeing, health and safety,
- and a host of practical skills you will find useful as you plan and deliver different types of residential experiences.
The course takes place over the day (21st May) and the weekend, which allows for learning the theory and having a go at planning on the first day, followed by putting it into practice on the weekend. We want to be out of the classroom and in the real world, giving you the confidence to take this learning and start planning a residential experience and applying for your Nights Away Permit.
The weekend (Friday evening to Sunday afternoon) will be a camping weekend.
Detailed timings will be available nearer the date of the course.
To book on the course please use this link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/module-5-tickets-401627307087
The closing date for applications for this course is 24th April 2023
Kinver Scout Camp, The Compa, Kinver, Staffs, DY7 6HR