This two day (16 hour) Outdoor First Aid course is suitable for Mountain Leaders, Rock Climbing Instructors, Mountain Bike Leaders, Paddlesport Coaches and Scout permit holders. It is being run by Borderlands First Aid at Kinver Scout Camp.
This is an in-depth course, covering the following areas:
- Managing an unconscious casualty in the outdoors (including shelter and insulation)
- Heart problems including cardiac arrest, CPR and defibrillator use
- Bleeding and shock, including life threatening bleeding and tourniquet use
- Burns and scalds
- Heat and cold related conditions (hypothermia, heat exhaustion, heat stroke)
- Medical conditions including asthma, diabetes, anaphylaxis
- Bites, stings and poisoning
- Head and spinal injuries
- Torso injuries
- Limb injuries including splinting
- Managing a casualty whilst awaiting help, including vital signs monitoring
Each day will run 8:30am-5:30pm and will be mostly outdoors. Refreshments will be provided, please bring your own lunch. Free camping is also available for the weekend.
You can book this event via our online Shop (see Book Now button at the bottom of this page).
Course costs are refundable to members of Scouts Hereford & Worcester after attendance.
If you require further information please contact Kinver Camp – firstname.lastname@example.org or 07736 378965
Kinver Scout Camp
Book your place online...
Unfortunately this event has already taken place. Please view our full event calendar.