This module will be available as a Zoom training course on Saturday 12th June from 9.30 am – 12.30pm
It is for Section Leaders, Assistant Section Leaders, Managers and Supporters and is open to those within and outside of Scouts Hereford and Worcester.
To book onto the training, please email County Training Administrator Mark Strain, include your name, role (and Group/District) and your Scout membership number and email address.
This module has a particular focus on exploring disabilities. It will help you gain a better understanding of how to facilitate and make reasonable adjustments in Scouts, in a way that’s constructive and effective.
Before beginning this module, you should be familiar with the content included in module 7 Scouting for All.
- UK legal framework and what’s meant by the term disability.
- Social model of disability
- Reasonable adjustments to Scouts in a way that’s constructive and effective
- Adjustments as conversations which are positive and enabling
- Positive adjustments for autistic young people and adults
- Further help and support