We are currently closed for new applications
We have an exciting opportunity for a Growth and Development Officer – Scouts Hereford & Worcester to join our team on a fixed term contract. This is a homebased role covering Herefordshire & Worcestershire. We support our fixed term contract employees to find further job opportunities at the Scouts and also encourage them to take part in the training on offer.
As Scouts, we believe in empowering young people with skills for life. We encourage our young people to do more, learn more and be more. We believe in bringing people together. We celebrate diversity and stand against intolerance, always. We’re a worldwide movement, creating stronger communities and inspiring positive futures.
About the Growth and Development Officer role:
The purpose of the role is to support, instigate and deliver focused growth projects and volunteer development across the project area. To deliver the project objectives and targets, working in partnership with County and District Commissioners, Project Working Group and Senior Growth and Development Officer to realise agreed sustainable growth targets. To deliver volunteer recruitment and development workshops to Scouting volunteers.
What will you be doing as a Growth and Development Officer?
– Open new scouting provision in line with the project plan and using local knowledge, contribute to the ongoing development of the project plan as needed.
– Support and work in partnership with local volunteers, staff and local communities to achieve organisational growth.
– Delivery of recruitment and growth workshops to support volunteers within the organisation.
– Provide regular reporting on projects which meets the needs of staff and volunteer colleagues, including the Project Working Group.
– Advise, support and encourage the volunteers in the project area to search for new opportunities to open new scouting provision.
– Advise, support and encourage local Scouting on the retention and recruitment of adult volunteers.
– Advise, support and encourage local scouting to engage with communities currently under-represented in Scouting.
– Liaise with staff across headquarters, particularly concerning development and volunteering issues.
– Represent Scouts Hereford & Worcester.
– Administer and maintain an effective home based office and budget.
– Any other duties as may reasonably be required by the County Commissioner or Chair.
What we can offer you as our Growth and Development Officer:
– 25 days holiday per annum + bank holidays
– Generous Pension Scheme
What we are looking for in our Growth and Development Officer:
We are looking for someone to join our friendly team to work in our two Counties, ideally centrally located in the area to most effectively assist with our current project load. If you are enthusiastic and have passion for delivering excellent customer service with the ability to self motivate you will excel in this role. Our ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and enjoy working with people. You will thrive whilst managing a diverse workload and reaching targets.
Term: 1 years fixed term contract
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (including weekends)
Location: Herefordshire and Worcestershire
Closing date: Ongoing
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
CV and Letter explaining how you can make a difference to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Strictly no agencies